Fractal Model version 21.9 Newest Features and Functionality
Quarterly update Version 21.9 (released in September 2021) included the following features:
- Revenue Modeling:
- New functionalities for non-perfect revenue optimization in the Fractal Revenue Optimizer.
- Model post-ITC recapture period revenue with individual year dispatch customization in the lifetime calculation mode.
- Improved renewable charging algorithm.
- Market Insights:
- Updated degradation and CAPEX curves to reflect latest market trends.
- Help Tab:
- A detailed built in user manual to efficiently navigate functionalities and validate inputs.
Fractal Model version 21.6 Newest Features and Functionality
Quarterly update Version 21.6 (released in June 2021) included the following features:
- Microsoft Add-in (Lifetime Analysis): Vastly improved calculation engine → Add-in through the Microsoft Store. Perform up to 40-year hourly simulations.
- Revenue Optimization: Automatically optimize Energy and Ancillary participation for hourly and 15-min settlement periods. Input historical or forecast prices to get an optimized dispatch.
- Major Maintenance Reserve Accounts: Use the improved MMRA functionality to create reserve accounts for equipment replacement and augmentations
Fractal Model version 21.3 Newest Features and Functionality
Quarterly update Version 21.3 (released in March 2021) included the following features:
- Automated Reports: Use the “Report“ tab to customize the Fractal Model report. Create a printable .PDF report using the Create Report button on the Dashboard.
- Decommissioning / Recycling Calculator: Estimate decommissioning / recycling costs for NMC and LFP battery chemistries. Option to include the estimated costs in the BESS salvage value.
- Custom Solar Panel Degradation Curves: Use the “Generation“ tab to input a custom degradation curve for the solar panels.
Fractal Model version 20.12 Newest Features and Functionality
Quarterly update Version 20.12 (released in December 2020) included the following features:
- UI/UX Improvements: Automatically populate applications and stacks based on ISO/RTO selection.
- Energy Density: Battery density recommendations
- Pricing Curves: Battery turnkey price calculator for NMC and LFP batteries for 2021-2025 COD
- Footprint Calculator: Estimate land requirement for AC coupled and standalone storage projects
Fractal Model version 20.9 Newest Features and Functionality
Quarterly update Version 20.9 (released in September 2020) included the following features:
- Iterative Technical Design and Financial Analysis
- Optimization of Project Revenues and Costs
- Standalone Storage, PV+S (AC or DC), W+S, PV + W + S, PV + PV + S
- Optimize Sizing and Degradation
- Detailed Time Series Simulations (Hourly, Minute or Second)
- Detailed Calculations: SOC, RTE, OPEX, CAPEX, ITC, Oversizing, Depreciation
- Dynamic Scenarios (Run 5 Different CAPEX and OPEX)
- Non-linear Degradation Curves That Capture Degradation Due to Throughput, DOD and SOC Across Six Lithium-ion Chemistries
- RTE Losses in Accordance with Equipment Efficiency Curves (Batteries, Inverters, Transformers, Wires)
- RTE Degradation (Batteries Become Less Efficient Over Time)
- Optimized Dispatch Tool to Maximize Returns • Stack Applications and Create Custom Dispatches
- Downloadable Cash Flow (annual and monthly)
- Evaluate Business Models using Historical Prices or Forecasts
- Sensitivity Analysis That Allows Year by Year Changes of Costs and Revenues
- Maintenance and Monitoring Cost Estimates
- Detailed Calculations of Peak Auxiliary Loads (Station Power)
- Annual Costs of Auxiliary Loads on a Timestamp by Timestamp Basis
- Solar Parasitic Load Cost Calculation
- Track and Customize Degradation Separately for Augmentations
- Optimize Between BOL Oversize and Augmentations with Self-optimized Simulations
- Specify Cost Curves for Augmentations
- Configure Topology: MV or HV Interconnect
- Solve for Solar PV PPA Rate and Storage Capacity Payment
- Incorporate Third-party Forecasts and Dispatches • DC:AC Optimization for PV+S
- Optimize Around a POI Restriction
- Calculate the Amount of Batteries Given the DOD, C-rate and SOC Restrictions
- Account for Inverter Replacements
- Major Maintenance Reserve Account
- ITC Compliance, MACRS, Bonus Depreciation
- Arbitrage Tool (the Model Shows the Best Times to Buy and Sell)
- Federal and State Taxes and Tax Incentives
- MA SMART and Clean Peak Incentive Calculators
- Full Access to Formulas and VBA
- Access to Pre-built Models for NYISO, ISO-NE, PJM, ERCOT, CAISO, SPP and MISO
- CAPEX Pricing Tool (Fractal’s Estimated Costs)
Fractal Model version 20.6 Newest Features and Functionality
Watch the video clip above to see the new features in quarterly update Version 20.6 (released in June 2020).